Curving Bracelets
-Nobody-
Bracelet King
-Nobody-
3 years ago by -Nobody-
Dear Braceletbook users,
So, my bracelets keep curving! In my recent photo is curves and I don't know how to fix it! I've been having this problem a lot and it's only my alphas. I am not allowed to watch YouTube videos at all, so if it's written out would help so much. Thank you in advance.

Sincerely,
@-Nobody-
onarts_
Bracelet King
onarts_
3 years ago by onarts_
That also happens to me and what I do is just try to move the knots as I make the bracelet, so if I am making it and I see that it's curving I try to reshape it by pulling or pushing the knots, so you would pull where it curves inwards and you would try to push the knots on the side that has the bump. I also think it helps to keep securing down the bracelet as you do it, so instead of holding it down only by the beggining keep moving it up your clipboard or add tape closer to where you are knoting so when you pull the strings to make knots it doesn't affect the bracelet. I hope this makes sense!
-Nobody-
Bracelet King
-Nobody-
3 years ago by -Nobody-
@onarts_ thank you!
Mimi2022
Bracelet King
Mimi2022
3 years ago by Mimi2022
Hi ! I found out that when I make my knots, if I hold my base string at an angle, my bracelets curve or they tend to be wonky on the side. try to keep your base strings very straight and your tension similar. It might help 🙂
hazel123
Bracelet King
hazel123
3 years ago by hazel123
are you using the flat alpha technique?
-Nobody-
Bracelet King
-Nobody-
3 years ago by -Nobody-
@hazel123 yeah
neonpool
Bracelet King
neonpool
3 years ago by neonpool
found a tutorial to help with that!
https://www.braceletbook.com/tutorials/129_new-techniques-to-try-out/
Scavenged
Professional
Scavenged
3 years ago by Scavenged
Usually, this means you're doing tighter knots on one row than another. if your forward knots are tighter than your backward knots, then it can cause the strings to all be pulled in that direction. also, if you're not keeping your strings straight and you tend to hold them off to the side (i.e. holding the base strings with your right hand and knotting with your left, pulling the base strings east instead of north) it'll cause the strings to lay a different what when being knotted. if you hold the base string north (directly in front of you) and the leading string south (directly away from where you're sitting) at a perfect line instead of an angle it'll help prevent your bracelet from leaning one way.

im sorry if this doesnt make sense, i tried to explain it as best as i can but i hope it helps
cowboys
Bracelet King
cowboys
2 years, 12 months ago by cowboys
This has happened to me too! I have noticed that if I keep scooting up my bracelet to the top of my clipboard. For some reason I tend to keep my knots tighter that way