accounts being too political?
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
3 years, 2 months ago by gsmith124
Im not a moderator so I don't know the rules for certain patterns, comments, or account bios, but I wanted to bring this topic up for discussion.

I feel like there are some accounts and patterns that are bringing up very drastic poltical ideologies that I dont really think need to be vocalized. (but thats my opinion). I wanted to know what other users thought.
Do these patterns and accounts add something to the community or do they take away?

I just wanna make it clear that Im not poking at any one specific user or pattern, I just noticed a lot of different views in comments as well as patterns and some people have gotten banned for these views and I wanted to start a conversation

with lots of love ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
Also to add, I find that when people don't agree to the views being vocalized in the pattern, they rate it lower, which I don't think is fair to the pattern maker, since ratings should reflect the patterns composition and overall how well it turns out.
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
Ok so they don’t accept any patterns that represent a certain political party. Such as Trump2020 or Biden2020 since those are extremely controversial. They do however accept BLM patterns and prolife and pro choice. Concerning the users, I’ve seen some accounts with just strange political usernames such as Trump4Ever get banned. I’m not sure if it’s because of the username or something else but there’s just certain people who can’t seem to get enough and feel the need to spread the word about what they believe in politically. I don’t agree with half of them and I find it annoying but I don’t think the mods would ban them and stuff but idk tbh.
allialexis
Bracelet King
allialexis
3 years, 2 months ago by allialexis
Also for comments, they usually delete the comments (they have to accept or decline them I think idrk) that are hurtful and rude. Or that are starting arguments. But there’s a lot of comments do not all of them get deleted obviously
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
@allialexus Yeah I agree that seems to be the case. I agree with that in the fact that political parties and presidential candidates cannot be promoted, especially since it's very prominent in the news recently. I feel like where there is some disagreements is mainly in the comments yes, as well as the ratings. I hope that others will comment on this forum so we can all get a sense about how everyone feels on the matter. Maybe we can start a conversation thats heartfelt and understanding since we are all a community that shares one great big interest; Friendship Bracelets!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
According to our guidelines "no content supporting/representing a political candidate/party is allowed to be posted to BraceletBook. Whether this is a pattern, forum post or comment." This rule is applied to any content including usernames.

We are always open for conversation and are trying to find ways to make braceletbook more positive 😄
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
I agree! Overall BB is very positive and I really enjoy being a part of this awesome community, although Im finding now people want to be able to block people for these reasons which doesn't seem very positive 🙁
Esemplastc
Skiller
Esemplastc
3 years, 2 months ago by Esemplastc
@halokiwi so which mod is going to take down #72222 since its very political
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 2 months ago by halokiwi
@Esemplastc based on our current guideline it would not count as political. We are still in conversation about this pattern 🙂
ToneTexas
Bracelet King
ToneTexas
3 years, 2 months ago by ToneTexas
Thankfully the pattern is removed now. It is still posted as today’s pick on Facebook as a photo. @halokiwi, maybe the mods and admin can remove it there as well? It is a very political topic in many countries...
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
I feel like it shouldn't have been taken down because of the content displayed or the political view it represented, but for the comments underneath that had a lot of hateful speech. I don't understand why people cant be civil if they don't agree. I don't agree with this users pattern, but I understand that others do not agree and let it be. Passion for a political view should not be based around anger and hatred for the opposing view.
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 2 months ago by danielle_3
i think that patterns representing someones beliefs such as blm, alm, pro-choice, pro-life, etc can be considered political. i think that an option that could be added is to have pattern creators be able to turn comments off. it gets me really upset when people have fights about these things in comments and give patterns bad ratings. just learn to appreciate the fact that someone spent so much time making that and all they get is hate.
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
@danielle_3 I agree! ❤️
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 2 months ago by jadeflwr13
personally i don’t think comments on patterns that promote oppression should be turned off, since it’s also part of people’s rights to have different opinions. if someone is going to put out a pattern like that which supports taking away people’s rights, people are going to debate about it. as long as they’re civil, it’s fine. i do not think blm is political, it’s about fighting systematic oppression of minorities. it should not be “political” to want basic human rights for any one, no matter the color of their skin. also, while pro-choice/ pro-life stuff is also about whether or not people should have certain rights, and i am personally pro-choice, it would be good to get rid of those + not accept those, along with alm/ back the blue patterns
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 2 months ago by Jdog12525
The pro-life pattern is still on Facebook and Twitter as “today’s top pick”. It appears that BB is endorsing the pattern and supporting those beliefs but I know that’s not true. If it has been removed from BB, I think it should also be removed from those other platforms too.