wall hanging
xoxonina
Professional
xoxonina
3 years, 3 months ago by xoxonina
I want to make wall hangings but idk where to get those little wooden sticks. Please help 🙁
zoeyllm
Bracelet King
zoeyllm
3 years, 3 months ago by zoeyllm
The wooden stickers are called wooden dowels 😊
If you go to a local crafts store or even a target and ask for them you should be able to find them! The width of the dowel doesn’t really matter as long as it is relatively small.
I’d also recommend choosing a pattern with an even amount of base strings and learning a ‘larks head knot’. Tutorials for this can be found on YouTube. 😊
xoxonina
Professional
xoxonina
@zoeyllm thank you so much!!
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 3 months ago by jadeflwr13
you can use wooden dowels, which can be found in craft stores or stores like target/ walmart. i prefer using wooden skewers just because they’re what i already have, and they’re thinner than the wooden dowels that i’ve seen. i’ve also seen some people use toothpicks for small wall hangings, although you’d probably only be able to hang it on a bulletin board lol
doodle-th
Professional
doodle-th
3 years, 3 months ago by doodle-th
If you can’t find wooden dowels or don’t have the money, chopsticks can work as good practice and there’s a lot of restaurants and supermarkets that have these for free so even if you find wooden dowels but don’t have many you can practice with them 🙂
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 3 months ago by danielle_3
i got my wooden dowels at michaels! it doesn’t matter what size you get because you can attach the strings and then cut the dowel to however long you want it! also you can sand the edges with sand paper or even a nail file so that they’re smooth.
xoxonina
Professional
xoxonina
Thank you guys so much 🙂 i just got some today from Micheals, it came with like 200 for only $2 i think. Im so excited!!!!