violin
knot2339
Professional
knot2339
3 years, 3 months ago by knot2339
Heyyy so i know this is for bracelets buuuttt I’m starting the violin very soon and was wondering if anyone has any tips of tricks?
danielle_3
Bracelet King
danielle_3
3 years, 3 months ago by danielle_3
i don't play violin anymore but i did it for 2 years. my best tip is to just practice playing it even if you only know a few notes! also make sure you're holding your bow correctly because i held mine wrong for a while and it was hard to adjust to holding it normally. practicing reading music is also helpful!
Jdog12525
Bracelet King
Jdog12525
3 years, 3 months ago by Jdog12525
I also played the violin for two years and it wasn’t that bad. I guess the only tips I can give your are to practice a lot and learn how to read music notes.
Pippa
Bracelet King
Pippa
3 years, 3 months ago by Pippa
The only tip I have is relax your left hand
Aspen14
Bracelet King
Aspen14
3 years, 3 months ago by Aspen14
When you’re feeling unmotivated try finding sheet music for pop songs! (I use the website https://musescore.com/ )
pinky2011
Advanced
pinky2011
3 years, 3 months ago by pinky2011
work on your bow hold a lot
swann_lake
Advanced
swann_lake
3 years, 3 months ago by swann_lake
Every time you practice make sure to doo ok it in the right form by sitting up, with the correct hand position on your bow and your violin. I’ve only been in orchestra for four years, but I can tell you that breaking habits on instruments is hard.
thread3
Skiller
thread3
3 years, 3 months ago by thread3
This is my other account
gsmith124
Bracelet King
gsmith124
3 years, 3 months ago by gsmith124
Ive played violin for 10 years but recently quit due to a horrible Orchestra experience in High School. The thing that I would say is to always have a positive mindset when playing. This instrument is very hard, not gonna lie to you. Its gonna take a lot of practice and hard work, but its definitely worth it. If you feel like you are getting discouraged, try listening to fun orchestra arrangements or pick up a music book with songs you love! Also, if you are playing in a orchestra class at school, don't let others get you down, even your teacher. You aren't playing to be the best, you are playing to have fun. Good luck! if you have any more questions just reach out I GOT YOU DOOD!!! ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
Samanada
Bracelet King
Samanada
3 years, 3 months ago by Samanada
Proper posture and technique is SUPER important! I’ve played violin for almost 10 years and that’s probably one of the most important things to keep in mind. It will improve your sound, especially when you start doing more complicated songs.
CakeCup
Bracelet King
CakeCup
3 years, 3 months ago by CakeCup
Learn to tune your instrument! I have been playing for about 5 or 6 years and i still cannot tune my instrument very well. I would whole suggest learning how to tune your instrumnet. That will save you a lot of time and worry. I regret the decision not a lot rn.
cailynj321
Professional
cailynj321
3 years, 2 months ago by cailynj321
make sure you posture is good, sit up straight, left hand straight, and make sure your bow hold is correct. make sure you practice and get super used to your instrument. i recommend practicing scales, since they have all the notes in them. i’ve played violin for like 4 years lol
Morvengard
Skiller
Morvengard
3 years, 2 months ago by Morvengard
Practice every day even if it's just for a few minutes! It's better to practice consistently than it is to practice hours at a time but only two or three times a week.
LolliKnots
Bracelet King
LolliKnots
3 years, 2 months ago by LolliKnots
I don't play the violin, but I do play the cello.
1. Make sure you always have your shoulder rest.
2. Make sure to always have your notes by the side
3. Recording a video of yourself might help you understand how well you are doing.
4. Tune your instrument!
5. If you at a point have bow hair sticking out or your instrument has broken ask to fix it.

Just a couple of beginner tips!
LolliKnots
Bracelet King
LolliKnots
Your bio says you play cello
- MAKE sure to alays take your rockstop everywhere.
-Tuning is important.
- Same tips as the violin method .
knot2339
Professional
knot2339
3 years, 2 months ago by knot2339
@LolliKnots haha I forgot to change that I used to play cello but I stopped playing because it was too hard to learn online so I switched to violin because it’s a one on one thing I can do with masks if that makes sense
LolliKnots
Bracelet King
LolliKnots
oh ok
knot2339
Professional
knot2339
3 years, 2 months ago by knot2339
@LolliKnots sorry about that
moriah-k
Bracelet King
moriah-k
3 years, 2 months ago by moriah-k
I've been playing ever since I was little, about 10 years. I would recommend putting tapes down on the basic notes on the fingerboard, and if you want to get rid of it but are afraid to take the tapes off, use black tape! you can feel it, but it is harder to see so it won't look as "tacky". Also practice as much as possible and get familiar with the notes, or find apps or websites with note practicing in different keys to get familiar with sharps and flats and all that stuff lol.
Lou_22
Bracelet King
Lou_22
3 years, 2 months ago by Lou_22
Rossun the bow ALOT!!