$Prices$
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
3 years, 2 months ago by Ballerina7
So I know that this question has been asked MANY times, but how much should I sell my bracelets for? My friends at school are always asking me but I don't know how much to charge. I don't want to charge a whole bunch but I want it to make sense for the time that I put in. I was thinking of making simple-ish patterns (bordered chevrons, chevrons, candystripes,small fishbone chevrons. etc) and making a matching twisted ties bracelet that could be used as a matching anklet/bracelet! Any ideas on what you would charge? Thank you in advance!! ❤️ 🙂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 2 months ago by 2006_Mandy
If you are doing simple patterns I would say $5 since you only want to sell to your friends and if $5 is too little I would say between $5-10 then. But you want to keep in mind how much effort goes into them too.
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
@2006_Mandy About $5 was what I was thinking but I wanted to ask other bracelet makers to see their opinions. Thank you so much!!!
beccag05
Professional
beccag05
3 years, 2 months ago by beccag05
It depends! Calculate how much money youve spent in order to make the bracelet. (String, Tape, Shipping, packaging, beads) After reaching an approximate amount, make sure you make a profit! 🙂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
Ok so I'm just saying if you were to sell to anyone other than friends/family you would want to consider your time, effort, costs for packaging/materials, etc however as you said you are just selling to your friends and if you already have the threads then all you want is to make a small amount of profit so if $5 seems reasonable to you to compensate for the time you spend on each bracelet then sell them at that price but if you feel like you want to include the price for the cost of threads/supplies, etc then you should. It really is up to you because you are the one doing all of the work and if your friends don't think its worth it that's their choice. 🙂
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
@2006_Mandy Currently I am factoring in all of the time and other costs to see if it is reasonable. I have been measuring how much string I use and timing how long one bracelet takes to see all the effort put in. Luckily most of my string was gifted to me so that makes it easier (but I will factor in other supplies)! If I make more complicated patterns than chevrons or let them pick the pattern I will for sure up the price to make it worth my time and effort. My friends are super understanding though and I know they understand all of the work I put into bracelets and will 100% not complain or say prices are too high since they were actually suggesting prices between 5-10 dollars! Thank you so much for helping me out with this, I truly appreciate it!! 🙂
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
that's great that your friends are super understanding good luck with all of your bracelets
Cece_b
Skiller
Cece_b
3 years, 2 months ago by Cece_b
If they are simple bracelets like #1 and #2 and other simple I would shell them 2sends or 3
ag_knots
Bracelet King
ag_knots
3 years, 2 months ago by ag_knots
I am starting an Etsy and planning to sell for $7-$10. Mostly chevrons and candy stripes for 7$ and patterns for $8-$10
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
Thank you everybody for your advice!
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 2 months ago by stewon6969
It just depends on the bracelet! I suggest that you look at different etsys on etsy and see how much they sell their bracelets for and go off of that!
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King
Deer-Teeth
3 years, 2 months ago by Deer-Teeth
I know that others have already commented, but what I would do is taking into consideration: the cost of your supplies, the time it took you to do the bracelet, and the complexity of the design.

For supplies You have to take in more than just the string. So you would calculate about how much string it took to make your bracelet, plus the cost of your tape/ whatever you ue to hold it down, and some people who make alphas use glue on the back of their bracelets so you would take that into consideration as well. You also need to take into consideration the cost of your shipping supplies. Some people just put their bracelets in envelopes, and that's it, others get special things to put their bracelets on (kinda like what you see in a store). so depending on how you package it, you need to include the price of that.

you also need to think about how long a bracelet takes you to do. If a chevron takes you an hour to do, that alone could be $5 without all the added math, because you would be working $5 an hour. So that in itself would depend on how much you're willing to work for per hour. If you say that with your quality you work for $3/hr, then $3 would be the basis, and so on. That's all up to you!!

If it's a more complicated design that could also increase or decrease the price. For example if a chevron and a candy stripe took the same amount of time for you to make, you could ask for more with a chevron because it's more complicated. Now, I wouldn't say do that for such similar patterns, but again that's all up to you.

if you want to get very accurate (for like a website or a shop you're selling to) there are formulas you can use! So if you get string in bulk, and used about 4 skeins worth of string out of 10 for a bracelet then you would take 45% of the cost of the pack and add it onto the price. You want that extra 5% so you get back some money to buy more supplies, and also make a profit. you also do this for any other supplies you get!! so if that pack of 10 cost you $1.00, then you would add .45 to your hourly price. its close to 50 so you could round it up if you wanted to! so if you worked for $5/hr, you could sell the bracelet for $5.50 and you would be making a profit off of your work. if you have a small thing of designer painters tape you got for $4 and you used about 3-5 turns on it, you would guestimate how much you used to secure the bracelet down. I use a LOT of tape because the stuff i get is cheap, so lets say you used 5% of the tape. thats $.20, so now that you already have the 5.50 set in place, and you add an extra $.05 for profit means, your end price on those two factors alone would be 5.75, and you could round that up to 6 to make the price easier to pay since it's only a quarters difference

I'm not using accurate prices ofc, this was all just to show you the process. I know you're for now going to sell them to friends and family, so you don't have to do all of this, but it gives you an idea of how to figure prices!! its all based off of what you think you deserve based off of your efforts. even if the supplies was bought for you, still factor in those prices if you want so that you can get more for yourself!
Ballerina7
Bracelet King
Ballerina7
@Deer-Teeth Thank you! I was wondering how people like to figure out the math for prices, and you gave me it step by step. 🙂 For now (as you said) I am only selling to friends and family but I will remember this if I ever do start selling to others. Actually today three of my friends asked if I would make them a bracelet (two arrowheads and a fishbone chevron) and they were asking how much I was going to charge for. After all of this advice I was thinking $7-8 for the bracelets I am currenttly making. I hope you have a great day!!!! 🙂 ❤️
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King
Deer-Teeth
3 years, 2 months ago by Deer-Teeth
@Ballerina7 No problem!! I saw someone say to factor in an income but that can be confusing, especially if you don't know where to start. I hope this helps!! I'm really glad a few of your friends are willing to buy from you, I saw your pictures and everything you've posted looks amazing!! You have an amazing day as well ❤️
horses13
Bracelet King
horses13
3 years, 1 month ago by horses13
I would say 5-10 dollars. A girl at my school was selling these weird grass bracelets made with real grass for like 20 dollars a bracelet! I usually just give the first bracelet to my REAL friends for free. Goodluck!