Poor quality thread?
jaydy
Professional
jaydy
3 years, 8 months ago by jaydy
How it influence use bad quality thread on the result of the bracelet?
I use embroidery thread not embroidery floss. I'm new to this.
I'm confused about it. It's the same?

Sorry for my english and for this dumb question :/
B_ridgette
Bracelet King
B_ridgette
3 years, 8 months ago by B_ridgette
@jaydy The quality doesn't really matter. Thread is basically the same as floss. The only real difference is it might break more easily, but that probably won't happen and is an easy fix. Hope this helps. 👍 ❤️
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 8 months ago by rubisaa11
I don't think that poor quality thread has much of an impact on the bracelet quality. Sometimes, if you're using thread that is fuzzy, it could result in your bracelet being fuzzy, but that's really the only thing I can think of. Some poorer quality thread might be hard to work with, but I don't think it would have an impact on your bracelet. Also, a lot of people don't use embroidery floss! I use craft cord sometimes and I know that a lot of people use yarn as well! When it comes down to it, there really isn't a 'right' or 'wrong' thread to use with your bracelet. Hope this helps! Happy knotting 😄
jaydy
Professional
jaydy
Thank you very much to both @B_ridgette and @rubisaa11
It help me a lot
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 8 months ago by knotnormal
Honestly I use a bunch of different brands and they all work great, so some poor quality thread might break but idk
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 8 months ago by chloe_27
Sometimes poor quality thread will snap but it depends on the brand. 🙂
jaydy
Professional
jaydy
Thanks for the info @knotnormal and @chloe_27
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 8 months ago by chloe_27
happy to help! 😊
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King
Deer-Teeth
3 years, 8 months ago by Deer-Teeth
I personally just use whatever I have access to. Using 'fuzzier' string can make your bracelet a little fuzzy itself depending on what you do with it, But when you're done with the bracelet you can always just shave over it (close cut with scissors, not gonna get all of it but will help) Embroidery thread and floss can actually be more difficult to work with, the strings most of the time will fall apart while you're making the bracelet, especially if you take a break from it for awhile. So just use whatever you're most comfortable with!! In situations like these, the cheapest option might actually be the best one. Hope this helps!
jaydy
Professional
jaydy
@Deer-Teeth Okay thanks for the advice. Now I understand about the different types of thread I can use for bracelets. 😊 (It took me a lot of time thinking what to write)
imisschool
Bracelet King
imisschool
3 years, 8 months ago by imisschool
@jaydy i recommend embroidery floss but i DON'T recommend the "friendship Bracelet tread" from Walmart I recommend J&P Coats or DMC
jaydy
Professional
jaydy
@imisschool Thank you for the recommendations
imisschool
Bracelet King
imisschool
3 years, 8 months ago by imisschool
@jaydy Your Welcome
Deer-Teeth
Bracelet King