Starting Alpha
gretchklub
Bracelet King
gretchklub
3 years, 7 months ago by gretchklub
I am trying to make this key chain, #45306 but I have no idea how to start it. I don't want to attach it to a key ring either. I wanted to learn how to do triangle ends for alphas with this pattern, but since the strings don't divide evenly I don't think that will work. Anybody have any ideas?
JocelynH
Bracelet King
JocelynH
3 years, 7 months ago by JocelynH
Masha knots has a tutorial on alpha triangle ends that I found really helpful. She also explains how to do it with an odd number of strings
pandas21
Bracelet King
pandas21
3 years, 7 months ago by pandas21
You could do a loop with two triangle ends. You need an odd number of base strings to do it with an alpha. Masha Knots or @Racoon has a great tutorial on her YouTube channel on how to do it.
Basilology
Bracelet King
Basilology
3 years, 7 months ago by Basilology
What I would do is larks head knot onto the keyring. For the uneven string, I would just add a row but if you don't want to, you just tie a string on. @ninilepore has a really detailed tutorial on it and in the same video, she also shows how to do the triangle ending for the keychain.
lizbethx
Bracelet King
lizbethx
3 years, 7 months ago by lizbethx
HEY ACTUALLY YOU CAN DO TRIANGLE ENDS WITH UNEVEN ALPHA STRINGS!! Masha knots has a video where you essentially leave one string in the middle. For instance if you have 9 strings you would have 4 strings on the left 1 middle string and 4 strings on the right.
lizbethx
Bracelet King
lizbethx
3 years, 7 months ago by lizbethx
Masha explains it better but it’s pretty simple