How many knots should I put in my loop?
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
3 years, 7 months ago by lemonlover
I just started recently trying out the starting loops. But I don’t know how many knots to do because every time I do it, the loop turns out wonky. So I’d like to know how many knots to put in the starting loop
Faye102
Bracelet King
Faye102
3 years, 7 months ago by Faye102
It really just depends on your string thickness and how tight you do your knots along with how big your bracelet is. And when you do your loops are you doing just one type of knot or doing forward backward knots.
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
Thanks! And I do forward backward knots.
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 7 months ago by 2006_Mandy
It’s based on preference some people like bigger loops other like smaller loops. I prefer smaller loops and I have never counted the amount of knots I use in my loops
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
Oh ok thanks @2006_Mandy
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 7 months ago by halokiwi
My recommendation is when making a loop to unclip/untape your bracelet from time to time and folding it to see if you are happy with the size of the loop.
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
@halokiwi oh that’s good advice. Thanks!
Fluffball
Bracelet King
Fluffball
3 years, 7 months ago by Fluffball
Usually what I do is, I take the amount of strings in the bracelet and then subtract 2.

So, for example, if I am making a 16 string bracelet, my loop would be 16 - 2 = 14 knots long.

It also depends on your knot tension, string thickness, and if you prefer bigger or smaller loops. And I know most people don't count their loop knots, but it's just a weird quirk of mine. 😂
niamheroo
Bracelet King
niamheroo
3 years, 7 months ago by niamheroo
It depends for me. If I am doing a teardrop loop, i do less because the loop is bigger, and the thickness of the bracelet will change things to, but I like doing a knot per string. hope this helps.
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
@Fluffball and @niamheroo thanks! I’ll definitely try them out.
1Dlover4
Professional
1Dlover4
3 years, 7 months ago by 1Dlover4
i do the amount of strings i have + 2 more when using thicker stings
lemonlover
Skiller
lemonlover
Oh ok thanks @1Dlover4
bethantoby
Professional
bethantoby
3 years, 7 months ago by bethantoby
As many as you want! Keep making knots untill the size u want it as!