Help with choosing!
Kayla_K
Advanced
Kayla_K
3 years, 7 months ago by Kayla_K
Hey, I am a beginner and have made bracelets like a braided stitch, braided leaf, chevron, candy stripe. I would like to make an alpha! What should I make as my first alpha? Also, any suggestions of which normal bracelets to make so I can make harder bracelets? ❤️
Clairaland
Bracelet King
Clairaland
3 years, 7 months ago by Clairaland
Definitely start with a chevron because you lean both knots and then try a braided leaf!! 😊
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 7 months ago by jadeflwr13
my first alpha was #1654, it isn’t too many strings and it’s only two colors, so it would be a great first alpha for you too! i recommend looking at masha knots tutorial of the flat alpha technique so the bracelet doesn’t separate in places like my first alpha did. as for harder normal bracelets, you could do a lattice chevron, since it’s still pretty similar to ones you’ve done already, or a starburst bracelet since those are bigger. good luck! 🎞🥝📀🔮
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 7 months ago by rubisaa11
For a first alpha, I would recommend to make the vertical wave bracelet (there are tutorials on youtube for it) That bracelet was my first alpha and it helped me to get used to how alphas work and keeping the rows straight. After that bracelet, I would recommend making any alpha with two to three colors in it. This way you don't get overwhelmed with too many color switches. Some patterns I think are cute are #9187, #27364, #38672, or #33464, but you can choose any pattern that you like. The only effective way to improve in making bracelets is practice. Once you make a few alphas and master switching colors, you should be able to make any pattern you want 🙂
As for normal patterns, the same thing goes. Find patterns that you think can challenge yourself with and make them! If you push yourself out of your comfort zone and continue to practice on both normals and alphas, you should see improvement 🙂
Hope this helps! Happy knotting 😄