Long of the Strings
Conibelen
Advanced
Conibelen
3 years, 8 months ago by Conibelen
Hi everyone, I'm about to start doing friendship bracelets with patterns. I usually make bracelet with another type of thread. BUT, how long can I cut my thread?, any suggestions?
🙈 🙈 🙈 🙈 🙈
rkade
Bracelet King
rkade
3 years, 8 months ago by rkade
I do a wingspan ( from my fingertips to my other hand) but I know 2 metres should be good
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
always cut more thread than needed or even that you think you need while you can add in string later if you run out having too much is better that way you can save your scraps for alphas, rag rugs and other projects.
kasia_lis
Skiller
kasia_lis
3 years, 8 months ago by kasia_lis
Can i ask how do you add the strings? 🙂
Kayla_K
Advanced
Kayla_K
3 years, 8 months ago by Kayla_K
You should probs cut at least a wingspan depending on your bracelets.
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 8 months ago by jgrace
@kasia_lis you add strings by taping the new string to the side of your bracelet and start knotting with the new string in place of your old one. you add strings to normal bracelets the same way you add them to alpha bracelets 🙂
bethantoby
Professional
bethantoby
3 years, 8 months ago by bethantoby
I usually do wingspan and it works a lot of the time! 😁
aviatorwat
Skiller
aviatorwat
3 years, 8 months ago by aviatorwat
usually doing your wingspan should be long enough, sometimes when i do a pattern with a color that is used more often than other colors i make that string a bit longer.
stewon6969
Bracelet King
stewon6969
3 years, 8 months ago by stewon6969
It normally depends on the pattern and how long you want the bracelet to be! I normally on average cut my strings my wingspans length! Which is from each hand to hand! Hope you find this useful and happy knotting! 😜 😍