bulging?
Penguin388
Bracelet King
Penguin388
3 years, 7 months ago by Penguin388
Hi I’m still pretty new at this lol and for some reason on my Alfa’s where the actual pattern starts it bulges what can I do to fix this?
FiggyFizz3
Skiller
FiggyFizz3
3 years, 7 months ago by FiggyFizz3
I would watch a YouTuber called Marsha knots. She has a vid for this question
FiggyFizz3
Skiller
FiggyFizz3
3 years, 7 months ago by FiggyFizz3
I’m glad I could help I hope
Kashvi
Bracelet King
Kashvi
3 years, 7 months ago by Kashvi
There can be many reasons... maybe with you or actually your materials...make sure you are using threads that produce same size knots, try making your knots uniform, in your pattern if the background splits into 2 parts use two different strands of thread, one for left and one for right, practice colour switch, if you are beginner start with simple patterns like any name (you can use alpha from text feature), you can also make rag rug bracelets to practice colour switch...

I hope that helps!
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 7 months ago by halokiwi
It sounds like you are doing the regular colour switch. I recommend instead doing the flat alpha technique. MashaKnots has a video on it like @FiggyFizz3 mentioned.

I can also recommend to you to not pull the loose leading strings behind the bracelet too tight. Leave them relatively loose so they don't pull on the bracelet too much.
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 7 months ago by jadeflwr13
i had the same problem with my first alpha. whenever i did a color switch, i would pull it too tight, and the bracelet would fold and become lumpy. just keep the tension the same, use thread that’s the same thickness, and keep practicing using the flat alpha technique to get better. good luck! 🎞🥝📀🌱
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 7 months ago by jgrace
Try using the flat alpha technique and be sure not to pull your color switches too tight because this will cause the bracelet to fold.👍