total beginner
mollysmama
Advanced
mollysmama
3 years, 8 months ago by mollysmama
Hi I’m a total beginner in that it’s been about 20 years since I made any bracelets can anyone give me some hints or tips that will make it easier to start again. Thanks
lexilue
Professional
lexilue
3 years, 8 months ago by lexilue
You should start with the candy stripe or chevron. Those are are the best for beginners
mollysmama
Advanced
mollysmama
3 years, 8 months ago by mollysmama
Thank you lexilue that is the one I’ve set up to try as soon as my daughter goes to bed
BronwynB
Bracelet King
BronwynB
3 years, 8 months ago by BronwynB
I also started off doing candy stripes and chevrons, then I moved up to making a braided bracelet.
BronwynB
Bracelet King
BronwynB
3 years, 8 months ago by BronwynB
Seli
Bracelet King
Seli
3 years, 8 months ago by Seli
learn how to do basic knots and practice making candystripes, chevrons, and arrowheads!
rayedesol
Bracelet King
rayedesol
3 years, 8 months ago by rayedesol
Hi, first refresh your memory on Forward Knots, Backward Knots, Forward Backward Knots, and Backward Forward Knots. Learn other basic knotting like the larks head knot and etc..

The easiest patterns are #1 and #2.

Also, check out Masha Knots, Kinsey B, and Alex Innovations on YouTube.
knot2shaby
Bracelet King
knot2shaby
3 years, 8 months ago by knot2shaby
Easy patterns like #1 #117 #49612 #2 #17907 #16697
😇 😇 😇
Good luck!
knotsbyev
Bracelet King
knotsbyev
3 years, 8 months ago by knotsbyev
Try watching masha knots, Alex’s innovations, and Kinsey b
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 8 months ago by jgrace
Learn the knots and how to read patterns, this will help you work your way up to harder bracelets 🙂
jadeflwr13
Bracelet King
jadeflwr13
3 years, 8 months ago by jadeflwr13
you can find tutorials on youtube, or in the tutorials section of the sight/ app. i’d just recommend starting with easier patterns, like the chevron and candystripe, then moving up a little to chevron variations, like the distorted and refracted chevrons, because they’re still pretty easy. then you can move on to other patterns that are larger and more complicated. with alphas, you should start with a simple one as well, less than 16 strings, and not too many colors. best of luck 🎠💌🎡🍓
ilikechess
Bracelet King
ilikechess
3 years, 8 months ago by ilikechess
once you have made some candy stripes/chevrons you can move onto a braided stitch (Masha knots has a tutorial on yt) and then a arrow head (Masha knots also has a tutorial) have fun knotting 😄
neonpool
Bracelet King
neonpool
3 years, 8 months ago by neonpool
start with candystripe or cheveron. and check out masha knots youtube channel, shes great!