I'm trying to submit a pattern, but it keeps getting declined.
JoJoK
Bracelet King
JoJoK
3 years, 8 months ago by JoJoK
I'm trying to submit this one pattern but it keeps getting declined because two colors are too similar. But one of the colors is yellow and the other is purple. Asking for a friend. 🙂 😊
ajr725
Bracelet King
ajr725
3 years, 8 months ago by ajr725
Did you make this pattern by using the photo generator tool? If so it may have generated two very similar purples or very similar yellows that are hard to tell the difference between. If that’s the case, all you have to do is change it to be just one purple or one yellow.
halokiwi
Super Moderator
halokiwi
3 years, 8 months ago by halokiwi
I recommend making your colours a little more saturated. The only issue I can imagine is that the yellow and the purple are too light and therefore too similar.
ilikechess
Bracelet King
ilikechess
3 years, 8 months ago by ilikechess
if this keeps happening I would recommend messaging a mod, good luck 😄
2006_Mandy
Bracelet King
2006_Mandy
3 years, 8 months ago by 2006_Mandy
What I do when colours are too similar like I use the pattern generator from a photo and it generates two very similar colours for expample blue I will use a colour not already in the pattern and go over all of the blue and then change it back by filling in all of the blue with one shade of blue.
mvla
Skiller
mvla
3 years, 8 months ago by mvla
Try making the colors a little more saturated. The purple and the yellow may be too light to distinguish from each other.😁
emwhitt
Bracelet King
emwhitt
3 years, 8 months ago by emwhitt
Like everyone else has said, try making the colors more saturated because if they are both too light then that can be the problem. If that still doesn't work, you can try messaging a mod and leaving a note in the review notes box saying that the two similiar colors are not similar and that they dont blend when next to each other on the pattern (I have done this before, sometimes it still gets declined but sometimes the mods also agree that the colors do not look similar and it will get accepted anyways)
knotnormal
Bracelet King
knotnormal
3 years, 8 months ago by knotnormal
Masha knots has several YouTube videos where she moderates, and they kind of tell you why your pattern is getting declined,
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 8 months ago by jgrace
I would also check to make sure that the yellow and purple are the colors that are too similar. Maybe for example you have a white and an off-white yellow that you don’t realize?🙂