Size yarn
Xeclipse_2
Bracelet King
Xeclipse_2
3 years, 8 months ago by Xeclipse_2
What size yarn should I use when making a bracelet?
Conrnelia
Bracelet King
Conrnelia
3 years, 8 months ago by Conrnelia
You can use any yarn you want. Most people use embroidery thread for me personally it is to thick and I use crochet thread size 10 and also because I get more string and it can be cheaper
jgrace
Bracelet King
jgrace
3 years, 8 months ago by jgrace
I use a standard 6 strand embroidery thread, which is what most people use. If you’re making alphas and want sturdier base strings, I would suggest crochet thread to prevent snapping. But it’s all up to your preference. 🙂
meganff01
Bracelet King
meganff01
3 years, 8 months ago by meganff01
i use 6 strand embroidery thread ( stranded cotton ) which i find works fine for me. it does depend though on the quality because some do snap easily. hope that’s helpful
BeadGirl16
Bracelet King
BeadGirl16
3 years, 7 months ago by BeadGirl16
I find that size 8 crochet thread is about the same thickness as DMC embroidery floss. Size 10 is a little bit smaller, but you can’t really tell the difference in normal patterns.
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 7 months ago by Diana2509
I got size 8 crochet thread a couple weeks ago because I kept seeing videos using it and thought it would be a good idea. I googled what size to get and someone had said using size 5 would be a little thicker than embroidery thread but size 8 is a little thinner. I don't normally really like thick thread, and I found some size 8 for a REALLY cheap price in amazon. (24 colors for $6) but now I think that is too thin for my liking. Has anyone tried to double size 8 and been successful?
Conrnelia
Bracelet King
Conrnelia
3 years, 7 months ago by Conrnelia
@Diana2509 yes you can double size 8 crochet thread and it works or you can simply half the embroidery floss if you want to mix them. Even if it is pretty small crochet thread is much stronger that embroidery floss. usually size 5 is totally fine with embroidery floss even in alphas I have mixed size 5 and embroidery floss and it looks good.
Diana2509
Bracelet King
Diana2509
3 years, 7 months ago by Diana2509
@Conrnelia ok ty!
ananya123
Bracelet King
ananya123
3 years, 7 months ago by ananya123
I prefer crochet thread. I use Aunt Lydia's Fashion 3. for base strings of my alphas
kasia_lis
Skiller
kasia_lis
3 years, 7 months ago by kasia_lis
some good brands i can recommend are DMC, Loops and Threads, Pllieay (can buy as a large set of 150 on Amazon), and Ariadna (Polish Brand). I think they are all six strings, but in some places they call it stranded cotton. i think its the same thing just intended for different uses. hope it helps