Help with D Ring swivel hooks
ShivaniS
Bracelet King
ShivaniS
3 years, 9 months ago by ShivaniS
I was wondering what size would be ideal for me to make keychains on d ring swivel hooks, if the pattern was about 15-25 strings wide? What size you y'all use please helppppp !!!
rayedesol
Bracelet King
rayedesol
3 years, 9 months ago by rayedesol
Hey, these are the D rings with swivel hooks I use... https://www.amazon.com/Chain-Swivel-Hooks-Lanyard-Clips/dp/B07ZF9VF1X/ref=sr_1_14?dchild=1&keywords=d+rings&qid=1598576615&sr=8-14

I can comfortable fit 20 rows of string (10 strings folded in half with a larks head knot).
Gillierose
Bracelet King
Gillierose
3 years, 9 months ago by Gillierose
I'm not sure if there are actual names for them, but I use 3/4 inch d-ring swivel hooks and they seem to work we,, especially for the smaller patterns (i think the largest one i've done so far is 20 and that's probably max)... {the flat part is 3/4 inch long}
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 9 months ago by rubisaa11
I just bought myself this type of keyring and I got the 1 inch size. I've only made one keychain so far and it was 12 strings and it fit with extra room. I do think that I could have gone with the 3/4 inch option, but I think I'll stick with my 1 inch purchase so that I have room to make larger keychains. The extra space on the keychain I already made doesn't look awkward. I also have a gray backpack, so the silver keyring blends in a little which makes it easier to focus on just the keychain design 🙂
rubisaa11
Bracelet King
rubisaa11
3 years, 9 months ago by rubisaa11
I think any pattern that is past 20 strings should be done on a 1 inch keyring, but that's just based of off the 12 string one I already made