Straight Normal Patterns
bubblesuwu
Skiller
bubblesuwu
3 years, 10 months ago by bubblesuwu
Well, I have been trying to make my normal patterns straight but they still being chunky. Some requests or tips? Thanks!
chloe_27
Bracelet King
chloe_27
3 years, 10 months ago by chloe_27
Try to make your knots the same tension because it could come out a little bumpy. Hope this helps!
Someone_
Bracelet King
Someone_
3 years, 10 months ago by Someone_
Have you tried the Straight Edges Technique? You basically add an extra string on either side and just do Backward-Forward knots on the far left string, and Forward-Backward knots on the far right string. (MashaKnots has a tutorial that will explain it better).
Also, keeping a consistent tension throughout the bracelet will help in keeping it straight.
Keep in mind that some patterns will naturally not be straight because of the knot structure (if there's more knots going in one direction and if there isn't enough -or any- pulling it back in the other, i.e. Candystripe).
C-Bracelet
Bracelet King
C-Bracelet
3 years, 10 months ago by C-Bracelet
Id recomend the straight edges technique. Masha Knots has a really good tutorial on it!
XxCharxX
Advanced
XxCharxX
3 years, 10 months ago by XxCharxX
What’s a good length to cut your strings?
Rg_Knots
Bracelet King
Rg_Knots
3 years, 10 months ago by Rg_Knots
@XxCharxX around 1m - 1m 25 cm per string should be good. I hope this helps! 🙂
XxCharxX
Advanced
XxCharxX
3 years, 9 months ago by XxCharxX
Thanks!
tBlue
Bracelet King
tBlue
3 years, 9 months ago by tBlue
make sure your strings are all the same thickness, take your time knotting so your knots all are the same tension, and just keep practicing!! for the longest time when i was first starting, my bracelets were all SUPER wonky, but as i made more and more, they got neater, flatter, and straighter. if you're making an alpha pattern and want to keep it flat and straight, i would highly recommend using the flat alpha technique (Masha Knots has a tutorial on it). i really hope this helps! ❤️
EBPacker2
Bracelet King
EBPacker2
3 years, 9 months ago by EBPacker2
Sometimes for me the problem is that I chose a pattern that is too difficult. There are many cute smaller patterns, and many social media accounts who only make those types of bracelets. After you learn to master the smaller bracelets, work your way up to bigger patterns. One of the biggest misconceptions about patterns is that if you can make a small pattern you can make a big pattern, which is not always true. Sometimes with more strings and patterns that are not as easy to segment knot, it becomes overwhelming. Also an easy way to learn is by doing patterns with videos explaining how to segment knot.
I don't if this helps with your issue, but I hope it helps others reading this forum post.

I really hope this helps and if you need any other suggestions, or help please feel free to message me. (If you respond via this post please put my username in it so I am able to see it and respond faster!)
@EBPacker2
bubblesuwu
Skiller
bubblesuwu
3 years, 9 months ago by bubblesuwu
Thanks everyone!
mvla
Skiller
mvla
3 years, 9 months ago by mvla
You can use the straight edges technique that masha knots made a video on and when I tried it it really helped. 🙂