MULTICOLORED ALPHAS!!! HELP!!!!
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
11 years, 9 months ago by Kaylaxoxo
I really wanna do multicolored alpha but i dnt understand them....can someone please help ? :[
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
11 years, 9 months ago by katniss12
Sure. if your just starting alphas though, i would suggest that you start off with a 2 colored alpha, but if you really want to do a multicolored alpha, go ahead. do you have an alpha in mind, so i can make it easier for you to understand😲... but if you want to start right away, theres a tourtal that shows you. i was a little confused when i was reading it, but if you have questions feel free to ask me🙂 (
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
I understand two colored alphas...i just dont understand more colors than two and some that i want to do are pattern #3819 and #5357. thanks so muchh:[
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
No problem. ok for pattern #3819 and #5357 ,you start like a regular alpha until you get to the heart. once you get there you add in pink, or whatever color you want(if youre using a clipboard, just clip the pink to the top like the other strings, if your using a safety pin you tie it to the safety pin) you then go under the other strings and just begin where the heart starts... when your done with the color, you can cut it off , or just ignore it and not use it at all... hope i helped🙂
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
Yes thank you so much...but one more question. How do you know how many of each color you need
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
np🙂 and what do you mean by how do you know how many colors you need?
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
Like how do you know how many strings of each color you will need ?
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
well you need one for the background, and 11 or 12 for the letters..(depends what pattern you do) and then i guess add another string for the heart......
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
Ohh...so act as if it was a two colored alpha and thn add the other colors as you go ? I think i understand it..THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!!!! 😄
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
yup pretty much...youre welcome😉 if you have a problem as youre maiking the bracelt, just message me😄🙂
Kaylaxoxo
Advanced
Kaylaxoxo
THANK YOU SO MUCHH!!! YOU ARE A LIFE SAVER HAHA and okkay i sill 🙂
katniss12
Professional
katniss12
YOURE WELCOME😉
piperrocks
Bracelet King
piperrocks
11 years, 3 months ago by piperrocks
I suggest going to youtube and typing in BeyondBracelets. She has very great tutorials!😉
Mutzzz
Bracelet King
Mutzzz
11 years, 3 months ago by Mutzzz
Indeed, BeyondBracelets has helpful videos. There you can have a look for a clear explanation
akuncaitis
Advanced
akuncaitis
11 years, 2 months ago by akuncaitis
if you are adding string as you go, then how do you avoid those rows being wider??
Adik
Bracelet King
Adik
11 years, 2 months ago by Adik
@akuncaitis you always make a knot over one string only, the string that is not used stays at the back of the bracelet.
nightgazer
Advanced
nightgazer
11 years, 1 month ago by nightgazer
how many strings would I need if im doing pattern # 8789 but only using black, white, and a blue string? I know I need 16 total but which color needs more and is the main one?|😲??
Tikal
Bracelet King
Tikal
11 years, 1 month ago by Tikal
I think the blue one would be the main string..
nightgazer
Advanced
nightgazer
11 years, 1 month ago by nightgazer
like thats the string that will be covered by the black and white strings right? but then how many black and white strings? just one each and have them be really long?
milbug
Bracelet King
milbug
10 years, 10 months ago by milbug
@akuncaitis Well, you are adding it to a bracelet that has already been started, so you are basically just using another background color over the strings that determine the width of the bracelet. Hope that helped!!!!! You can message me if you have any more questions!!!!😉