How to do a loop in alpha with an odd strings
madewmagic
Professional
madewmagic
3 years, 10 months ago by madewmagic
Hello!! I wanna start an alpha bracelet, but it has 15 strings, I need help with the loop, I don't know how to do it if I have 15 strings ( it should be 7 and 8 strings on each side). Thanks!!
mchappy1
Professional
mchappy1
3 years, 10 months ago by mchappy1
There is a Masha Knots and Alex Innovation's video on how to do a loop with an odd number of strings. Here are the links:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IyGiKsjNJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOJ-q8Ac-Ms

I hope it works!!
madewmagic
Professional
madewmagic
It works for alpha?
madeleine_
madeleine_
3 years, 10 months ago by madeleine_
You can totally do a loop, but you’ll have two different-sized triangles. You might want to just add a base string to one side
Lulu_Ninja
Bracelet King
Lulu_Ninja
3 years, 10 months ago by Lulu_Ninja
Here's how I make a loop with an odd number of strings (on an alpha) other people may do it different, but I find that this works well for me. So you are going to cut 7 strings for your base strings (because when you fold it in half you will have 14) then you are going to take whatever color you use as your background/first leading string, and match up 1 end with the end of the others (once they are folded in half) then you will tie a knot on the side that has that one string (from the leading string) then with the other side of that leading string (the side you will use to make the actual pattern) you will just start making a loop like normal, then make a triangle end and start your pattern (after untying the knot, i find it is easier to use a slip knot). I really hope that this made sense
ladybeeyle
Bracelet King
ladybeeyle
3 years, 10 months ago by ladybeeyle
This technique works well for me. If you have an odd number of strings including the base string then you can add the leading string after you make the loop and if you have an odd number of strings excluding the leading string then you can add the leading string to only one of the sides. Hope this makes sense.
madewmagic
Professional
madewmagic
Thanks!! 😘 😘 ❤️ ❤️